HOSA - Future Health Professionals
(Formerly known as Health Occupations Students of America)
Health Science, Sports Medicine
HOSA, a non-profit, student-led organization of Future Health Professionals, is the largest international organization operating in schools for students enrolled in health science and biomedical sciences programs and serving those interested in pursuit of career in health and biomedical professions. HOSA’s purpose is to develop leadership and technical competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the instructional program. This student-led organization provides opportunities for students to practice and refine their academics, technical, leadership and teamwork skills to achieve seamless transition from classroom to career.
HOSA helps members...
- set realistic career and educational goals
- develop workplace readiness skills
- understand current healthcare issues
- develop effective leadership qualities and skills
- network with healthcare professionals
- participate in community service activities
- build self-confidence
- with motivation and enthusiasm
- celebrate accomplishments
Competitive Events Program
Awards state and national recognition for individual and team achievement. Includes 48 regular events and 8 recognition events in 6 categories aligned to the National Healthcare Foundation Standards, essential knowledge and skill development directly related to healthcare curriculum, and curriculum component of health science education programs.