There is a direct relation to attendance and academics. If students come to school on a regular basis, they make better grades.
If a student misses 3 days consecutively or 5 days cumulative, they are considered truant and will require an Attendance Intervention Plan.
Here are a few tips to help with getting to school everyday.
- Make sure your children keep a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
- Ensure your children go to school every day unless they are truly sick.
- Avoid scheduling vacations or medical appointments when school is in session.
- Talk to teachers and counselors for advice if your children feel anxious about going to school.
- Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent to take your child to school.
Click Here To View W.J. Keenan's Attendance Success Plan