R1Clear Bag Policy at Sporting Events
Clear Bag Policy:
C. A. Johnson High School is committed to the safety of its students and school staff at district events. “This clear bag policy will increase security at sporting events and make entry into events smoother and faster for fans,” said Joe Fraley, director of security and emergency services for Richland One. “It’s a win-win for everyone.”
CLEAR BAG REQUIREMENT: A clear bag requirement has been implemented at all sporting events.
METAL DETECTORS: The district has implemented metal detectors to screen all spectators.
SUPERVISION: All students 8th grade or younger are required to attend games with parents/guardian.
SAFETY OFFICIALS: We partner with law enforcement and district/school staff to ensure spectator safety for the duration of the event.
Below is a list of additional reminders regarding venue policies for attending any sporting events:
- Clear Bag Policy is STRICTLY enforced
- NO Refunds or Exchanges
- NO Passouts
- If you leave the venue, you MUST pay for re-entry, i.e., buy another ticket online.
· Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12” – A logo no larger than 4.5" x 3.4" can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
· One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bags or similar)
· Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap)
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
· Purses larger than a clutch bag
· Fanny packs
· Cinch/drawstring bags
· Luggage of any kind
· Computer bags
· Diaper bags
· Binocular cases
· Camera bags
· Non-approved seat cushions, which include large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers