Richland One Announces Stadium Safety Protocols for Sports Fans
Effective immediately, fans attending football games at Richland One stadiums are required to follow all district safety protocols, including wearing masks and social distancing. Varsity games kickoff Friday, September 25 at 7:30 p.m. with Eau Claire vs. Saluda at W.J. Keenan Stadium and Dreher vs. Lugoff-Elgin at Memorial Stadium.
“Our number one priority is to ensure that everyone is as safe as possible,” said Richland One Athletics Director Bob Matz. “We ask that all spectators please follow all stadium protocols so that we can protect everyone’s health and keep having fans in our stands. We encourage fans and supporters to keep up with any changes that could occur throughout the year by following their favorite teams on their school athletics social media accounts including Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.”
Richland One Stadium Safety Protocols
· Spectators are required to sit only in the marked sections of the bleachers.
· Only two individuals will be allowed to sit together in the marked sections.
· Fans will not be allowed to congregate and social distancing applies in all areas of the stadium.
· All spectators are required to wear masks in the stadium and parking areas.
· Masks are required to be worn (by spectators 10 year olds and older) during the entire event and patrons are subject to be ejected from the stadium for noncompliance and subject to trespass charges.
· If guests do not have a mask, they will not be allowed into the stadium.
· Richland One will not provide masks for sporting events.
· Tickets to all high school athletics events must be purchased electronically.
· To purchase tickets, fans must go to their school’s athletics website.
· Cash will not be accepted at the gate.
· There will be no tailgating at any football games this year.
· After parking, spectators should enter the stadium and take their seats. Guests will be expected to leave the stadium immediately after the game ends.
Middle School Football Games
· Richland One middle schools will sell tickets at the gate and cash will be accepted.
Clear Bag Policy at Sporting Events
Only the following types of bags are approved for use in Richland One stadiums:
· Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12” – A logo no larger than 4.5" x 3.4" can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
· One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bags or similar)
· Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap)
Media inquiries should be directed to the Richland One Office of Communications.