Richland One Announces Dates for Parent Info Sessions for 12 District Magnet Programs
Richland One will be holding a series of information sessions for parents interested in enrolling their children in one of the district’s 12 magnet programs for the 2020-2021 school year.
Parents must attend one of the magnet information sessions in order to apply for a program. All Richland One students, regardless of their school attendance zone, may apply to enroll in a magnet program within the district, unless the program is designated as one that is zoned for certain attendance areas.
The magnet programs application link will be posted on the district’s website (www.richlandone.org) on December 16. Students and parents who would like more information about the district’s magnet programs, can go to richlandone.org/choice or contact Dr. Erica Fields at 231-6799 or email@example.com.
2020-2021 Richland One Magnet Programs Parent Information Sessions
Elementary School Level
· Career Awareness Magnet (Bradley Elementary School)
o December 10, 8:30 a.m.
o December 17, 5:30 p.m.
o December 19, 1:00 p.m.
o January 9, 5:30 p.m.
o January 14, 8:30 a.m.
· Montessori Programs (Brockman, Logan and Caughman Road elementary schools)
o December 9 – Olympia Learning Center Auditorium, 8:30 a.m.
o December 11 – Lower Richland High School Library, 5:30 p.m.
o January 11 – W.G. Sanders Middle School Auditorium, 9:00 a.m.
o January 29 – W. G. Sanders Middle School Auditorium, 5:30 p.m.
· Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and French (new) Language Immersion Program (Carver-Lyon Elementary School)
o December 10, 8:00 a.m.
o December 10, 5:30 p.m.
o January 10, 8:00 a.m.
o January 13, 5:30 p.m.
Middle School Level
· Career Exploration Magnet (W.G. Sanders Middle School)
o December 10, 9:00 a.m.
o December 13, 9:00 a.m.
o December 17, 6:00 p.m.
o January 9, 6:00 p.m.
o January 10, 9:00 a.m.
· Medical Magnet Academy (W.A. Perry Middle School)
o December 10, 5:30 p.m.
· Montessori Middle Level Program (W.G. Sanders Middle School)
o January 30, 6:00 p.m.
High School Level
· Career Preparation Magnet (W.J. Keenan High School)
o December 12, 6 p.m.
o December 14, 10 a.m. - Noon
o December 17, 6 p.m.
o January 19, 6 p.m.
o January 23, 6 p.m.
· Health Sciences Magnet (C.A. Johnson High School)
o January 23, 2020, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
o March 18, 2020, Time TBD
· Richland One Middle College (on the Beltline campus of Midlands Tech)
o January 23, 2020, 6:15 p.m.
o February 20, 2020, 6:15 p.m.
o March 12, 2020, 6:15 p.m.
· Virtual School Program
o Students will attend an orientation once they are enrolled in the program.
Media inquiries should be directed to the Richland One Office of Communications at 231-7504 or 231-7510.