ROMC Prom Details
Richland One Middle College 2021 Prom
“Diamonds are Forever”
Date: Friday, May 14, 2021
Time: 8pm – 11pm
Location: The Gala by JW | 533 Clemson Road Columbia, SC 29223
Cost: $25 per person
- Tickets can be purchased using this link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/RichlandOneMiddleCollege2/ROMCProm2021PaymentForm Unlike previous years, tickets prices will not increase each week. However, it is recommended that you purchase your ticket sooner than later to ensure you are able to attend due to social distancing guidelines. Ticket purchase deadline: Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
- Each student will be allowed to purchase a maximum of two tickets; one for yourself and a guest.
- We are unable to refund the cost of any ticket for any reason regardless of who purchased it. Purchase of a ticket does not guarantee entry into the prom. Students must be in good disciplinary standing. Students and guests must have proper identification to gain entry.
- Outside Guest: If you would like to bring a guest, you must complete the attached Outside Guest Form and deliver to Ms. Lewis in Richland Hall Room 139A. This form may also be emailed to email@example.com. The Outside Guest Form is due no later than 4pm on Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
- Prom King and Prom Queen: If you are interested in running for Prom King or Queen, the application and instructions can be found using this link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/RichlandOneMiddleCollege2/ROMC2021PromCourtApplication Voting will take place at the prom and winners will be announced by the end of the night. All candidates for Prom Court must be in attendance and arrive no later than 9pm to be considered. Prom tickets must be purchased prior to the submission of the application. The Prom Queen/King application is due no later than 4pm on Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
- Dress Code: Prom is a formal and special night for Richland One Middle College students. ROMC staff and administration want you to make good choices. We are not trying to inhibit your style. Prom should be fun, but we want everyone to be comfortable and safe. We hope to maintain the integrity and formality of this night by implementing this simple dress code; those inappropriately dressed will not be admitted. The dress code will be enforced. If you are in doubt, please send a picture of you in the attire to Ms. Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dresses may be strapless (if they fit properly) or include spaghetti straps. Dresses may also be backless as long as they are not cut below the navel.
- Midriffs will not be exposed; this includes both front and sides. No deep-plunging necklines – no necklines below the front-top of natural bra coverage.
- 2-piece dresses MUST overlap at the waist; meaning top MUST overlap with the skirt waistband.
- Dresses may not have a slit that exceeds mid-thigh.
- If a dress does not meet dress code without an additional fabric insert, the insert must be sewn into the dress. No pinning at the prom will be permitted as an alteration for a dress that does not meet dress code.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
- See-through apparel is not permitted.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Tuxedos or dress suits only.
- No jeans permitted.
- A tie must be worn.
- Shirts must have a collar and be worn at all times during the prom.
- Hats and canes must be checked at the entry table.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- General Guidelines and Expectations:
- All guest must be approved by Richland One Middle College administration. There are no exceptions.
- Richland One Middle College reserves the right to deny anyone entrance to the prom. Security will be patrolling the parking areas and will also be inside the prom for the entire evening. Please do not do anything before, during or after prom that would cause you to be suspended, expelled or arrested!
- Students must fill out the ROMC Prom Payment Form online. Failure to complete this form could result in denial of admission into prom, regardless of ticket purchase, for both you and your guest.
- ALL students and guests must present a current, official picture ID at the door. Acceptable forms of ID include a CURRENT school ID, driver’s license, military ID, etc.
- There will be no at-the-door ticket sales and ticket prices cannot be discounted. Tickets must be purchased no later than Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
- ROMC students are responsible for the behavior of themselves as well as their invited guest.
- Students should wear mask at all times during prom, except when actively drinking/eating and must comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Attendance at the prom is a choice, not a requirement. Your choice to attend indicates that you fully understand and are aware of the inherent risks of infection from the COVID-19 virus and pandemic, among other communicable diseases, in all public spaces. Your choice to attend also indicates that you fully understand and are fully aware that attendance at prom may result in an increased risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.