Annie Burnside Elementary School-Parent Compact 2019-2020
The Annie Burnside Elementary School parents, teachers, students and staff participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
Burnside Elementary School staff will:
- Provide high quality instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment.
- Conduct yearly Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Provide parents access to the school and staff.
- Share school-wide Title I plan.
- Communicate with families about their children’s progress and provide resources to assist with their child’s learning at home.
As a parent I will support my child’s learning in the following ways:
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly, is on time, and is prepared for academic success.
- Read with and/or encourage my child to read independently.
- Provide a quiet place for my child to study and read.
- Expect my child to behave responsibly and treat people with respect.
- Attend Parent-Teacher Conferences to stay informed of my child’s progress.
As a student of Burnside Elementary School I will:
- Come to school ready to learn.
- Do my homework every day and ask for help when needed.
- Read at least 20 minutes every day.
- Behave responsibly and treat people with respect.