The Information Technology (IT) Department will provide technical support to all staff, students, and parents of Richland School District 1 on eLearning Days. The IT Support Team can be reached by calling 803-231-7436. This number will be active Monday through Friday from the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
ATTENTION SENIORS: DISTRIBUTION OF CAPS AND GOWNS
Seniors, please be advised that graduation caps and gowns will be distributed on April 6, 2020. Please come to the atrium area of the school between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. to pick up your items if you have cleared with Jostens. When you arrive, report to the ticket booth with your student ID. Someone will be in the booth to provide you with your graduation items.
Greetings Hornet Families,
Richland School District 1 has implemented an emergency eLearning Plan that has been approved by the S.C. Department of Education. The eLearning Plan will allow students to complete assignments remotely and/or vitually at home while schools are closed. Our eLearning Platform will provide students access to continue instruction while away from school. The information below will outline our eLearning processes and procedures.
●On the left is our eLearning Platform. Every teacher for every course has developed digital lessons, activities, and/or assessments that will be accessible to you online during this break from school. Most teachers already utilize a digital framework (for example, Teams or Edmodo) for distribution of content and messages. Go directly there for instructions as you normally do.
● Students please check your school email account daily. This is where you will receive an invite to participate in your classses through Microsoft Teams.
● Our teachers will be available through email daily from 9:30-11:00am and 1:00-2:30 pm remotely to answer parent/guardian/student concerns/questions.
● Students no packages will be available for distribution beginning Tuesday, March 24, 2020. All work will be submitted via Microsoft Teams.
● Students use your schedule for class assignments. Please refer to the calendar located on this platform for the specific day.
● Student work will be submitted either electronically or collected after eLearning days end. Students have five (5) days upon return to submit their work. Students who do not turn in their work will be marked as absent for any missing class asssignments.
● Our teachers will provide feedback on eLearning assignments that have been completed and returned to the students via email or via other electronic learning platform. Again, teachers will not be available in the building. All learning will take place remotely.
● Students, it is your responsibility to know your school email addresses, passwords, and how to independently access any digital programs/resources (examples: ALEKS, Naviance, USA Test Prep, etc.) that may be used during eLearning Days. See Home Access and other Library Media Center Resources power point on this page.
● Our teachers will continue to develop assignments that can be disseminated to students.
● Again, all work must be submitted by the student within five (5) days upon return.
● Contact your teachers via email if you need assistance with your credentials and assignments. Emails of faculty and staff are located on the Faculty and Staff web page on this site.