“We are an essential part of the Village that will empower all of our children to achieve their fullest potential and dreams.”
Edward E. Taylor Elementary School
Parent Involvement Policy
- This policy was developed with parent and was made available to all parents for comments on the contents of this policy. After accepting comments, the policy was finalized. The parent policy will be updated as needed and will be reviewed annually by a team comprised of parents, community members, and school staff.
- During Open House, held September 2022, the school administration informed parents of the parental requirements under Title I Section 1118. Parents were informed of the following:
- What Title I provides at the school and encouraged and informed parents of their rights and ways they can become involved at the school.
- Parents were informed of the various federal and state programs that assist in raising the achievement level of all the students and the resources available to the parents and their children due to the additional federal and state funds.
- An explanation and description of the curriculum at the school and additional programs that help raise the achievement level of the students academically and socially.
- Assessments used at the school, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet was communicated and explained.
- The state rating system was communicated and explained. An additional Title I night, specifically on assessments will be held.
- Meeting for parents and guardians will be held at various times to accommodate all families. Parents and guardians will receive timely notice about parental involvement opportunities through several channels:
- Monthly school newsletter
- The school website
- Class Dojo
- School messenger (mass phone communication system).
- The school marquee
- Flyers will be disseminated at reminders
- The school-parent compact will sent home to families for comments and review. The compact will be reviewed during the School Improvement Council.
- Communication with families, to the extent practicable, will be provided in a language parents can understand as well as accommodations for families with disabilities.
- A copy of the school-wide plan is available in the school office and parent center. Parents may submit comments on the plan in writing to the principal’s office. If parents are not satisfied with the school-wide plan when the school submits its plan to the district office.
- Regular meetings will be held to allow parents and families to make suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children. The administration will respond to any suggestions or recommendations as within a reasonable timeframe.