“We are an essential part of the Village that will empower all of our children to achieve their fullest potential and dreams.”
Edward E. Taylor Elementary School and its parent community agree that this compact outlines how parents, teachers, support staff, and the students will share in the responsibility for improved student academic performance.
Together, we will build and develop a partnership designed to assist our students in developing and maintaining high standards and levels of achievement that will sustain them during and beyond elementary school.
As a school, we will:
· Promote a positive classroom atmosphere conducive for learning that will enable students to meet South Carolina College and Career Readiness Academic Standards
· Provide ongoing two-way communication between teachers and parents through parent-teachers student conferences and frequent reports to parents
· Provide reasonable access to staff through an “open door” policy.
· Provide opportunities for parents to volunteer and participate in school activities and observe their child’s classroom activities
· Provide a mutually respectful relationship between all parties (students, parents, teachers, and volunteers)
· Set a positive tone for learning with students
As a parent, I will:
· Support Edward E. Taylor Elementary School’s policies, protocols, practices, an procedures
· Support my child’s learning by ensuring that he/she has proper rest and nutrition and attends school on time and on a regular basis.
· Help set a positive tone for learning with my child
· Promoting student/teacher/parent relationship to facilitate student success
· Participate in decisions relating to the education of my child through a mutually respectful relationship with school staff
· Monitoring my child’s attendance, academic status, and provide a time for homework completion
As a student, I will:
· Come to school prepared to work and learn
· Proudly follow the behavioral expectations at our school
· Have a positive attitude towards learning
· Ask questions when I am not sure about a lesson or an assignment
· Make good choices like paying attention in class, staying on task, doing my best, and working hard at my schoolwork