AVID at a Glance
What AVID is ...
- AVID is an acronymn that stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- AVID is an in-school academic support program for grades 4-12 that prepares students for college eligibility and success.
- AVID places academically average students in advanced classes.
- AVID levels the playing field for minority, rural, low-income, and other students without a college-going tradition in their families.
- AVID is for ALL students, but targets those in the academic middle.
- AVID is implemented school-wide and district-wide.
AVID’s mission is to close the opportunity gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
At St. Andrews we strive to achieve this goal through our interactions with our students along with rigorus instruction.
Our AVID Administrator is Ms. Davidson (email@example.com) and our Site Leader is Mrs. McGill-Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SAMS AVID Application: click here
Columbia High AVID Application: click here