Message from Mr. Hasinger to Parents - September 27, 2020
I hope this message finds you well! Just a few updates/information items this week :
- eLearning continues this week – we are extremely proud of our students, parents, and staff for collaborating to make this process a success thus far!
- Recently we asked for volunteers that were interested in supporting other families with technology and/or guidance in utilizing our learning management system, Microsoft Teams. Special thank you to the eight individuals that volunteered to be mentors. If you are interested in linking up with one of our “tech savvy” parents, feel free to reply to this message letting us know what type of support you need and we’ll work to “match” you with one of our volunteers.
- If you are one of the parents of our 321 students registered to take the PreACT (9TH) or PSAT (10th, 11th) on Wednesday, October 14th, please be on the watch for additional information on bus routes, arrival/dismissal procedures, and general safety expectations for this date. If you have any questions about this event, you should contact Kevin Kirkley, our lead school counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interim grade reports will be sent home via postal mail on September 30th
- We are working to schedule a virtual open house event on the evening of Wednesday, October 7th, roughly between the hours of 5:30-7:30. Please mark your calendars accordingly.
- An update on COVID activity for the sake of transparency: since 08/31, we have had five students test positive, 33 students quarantined, one staff member test positive, and seven staff members quarantined.
- We held our first football game on Friday night and there were concerns regarding students and social distancing. If you or your child (ren) attend any of our sporting events or visit our campus, please keep in mind that the wearing of a face covering and six feet of social distancing are mandatory.
Thanks for your continued support of our school! Let’s make this another great week!
Go Blue Devils,
Kevin J. Hasinger, Ed.S.