Message from the Principal, Mr. Hasinger, on September 18, 2020:
Good Evening Blue Devil Parents,
Just a few updates/information items this evening:
- We will be collaborating with all the feeder schools found in the Dreher Cluster to establish two student cohorts to ensure our preparedness for a move to face-to-face Hybrid Phase when conditions allow. We will ensure a process that aligns sibling assignments at our cluster elementary schools, Hand Middle School, and Heyward Career Center.
- September 25th is an early release/teacher professional learning day in Richland One, so we will be sharing a unique schedule for our students on that day that will ensure that they are able to meet with all instructors. Teachers will push this out to students next week.
- We are in the process of planning a virtual Open House. Please be on the lookout for information regarding this event.
- Reminder – when your child is absent from class due to illness, appointment, etc., please send in a parental note or medical excuse to Ms. Melissa Cook at Melissa.Cook@richlandone.org.
- Reminder – if your child tests positive for COVID-19, please report that information to either Mr. Hasinger or Nurse Cardone. We are expected to report this information to SCDHEC as per the SCDOE. Since my last report, we have not had any additional positive cases, but are investigating multiple possible cases among students and staff (awaiting results, contact tracing etc.)
- No Internet? Please contact the school – we may have options for you.
- Do you consider yourself “tech savvy”? Are you comfortable with Microsoft Teams? Do you have an interest in assisting other families that are struggling with technology? If so, please submit your contact information here: (only complete the survey if interested in assisting other families with technology) Yes, I Can Help Other Families with Technology!