Webber Elementary School Counseling Department
Thera Kinsler, School Counselor
My goal is to advocate for students and assist students to become successful. Below are the following ways to communicate with me:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org where you can ask questions or communicate any concerns you may have. As a school counselor, I will do my best to refer you to any resources to assist you and your family.
- I will provide indirect student services, consultation, and collaboration with families via email and phone contact (as needed).
Here are links I think are useful.
- Talking to Children about COVID-19 - Parent Resource from NASP
- Corona Virus Resources - ASCA
- Talking to Teens and Tweens About CoronaVirus - NYTimes
- Talking to Kids About The Corona Virus - ChildMind
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus – NPR
- Talking With Children: Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers During Infectious Disease Outbreaks,https://store.samhsa.gov/product/Talking-With-Children-Tips-for-Caregivers-Parents-and-Teachers-During-Infectious-Disease-Outbreaks/SMA14-4886
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks,https://store.samhsa.gov/product/Coping-with-Stress-During-Infectious-Disease-Outbreaks/sma14-4885
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19),https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
- Handwashing and Hand Sanitizer Use at Home, at Play, and Out and About,https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/pdf/hand-sanitizer-factsheet.pdf
(AKA Ms. Sunshine)