The Information Technology (IT) Department will provide technical support to all staff, students, and parents of Richland School District 1 on eLearning Days. The IT Support Team can be reached by calling 803-231-7436. This number will be active Monday through Friday from the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please be advised that this year’s Academic All-Stars Recognition Banquet, which was scheduled for May 6 at the Convention Center has been cancelled. The District's Communications and the AAP Office will work together to get the All-Stars medallions and High School Scholars stoles to students prior to their graduation ceremonies.
Also, please note the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Completion Ceremony, which was scheduled for May 5 at the Koger Center, also has been canceled.
Greetings Hornet Family
Details of our District's eLearning Plan:
- The District's Emergency eLearning Plan has been approved by the South Carolina Department of Education. The eLearning plan will allow students to do assignments virtually from home while schools are closed. This means you can continue learning despite the loss of in-person instructional time.
- Every teacher for every course has developed digital lessons, activities, and/or assessments that will be accessible to you online during this break from school. Most teachers already utilize a digital framework (for example, Teams or Edmodo) for distribution of content and messages. Go directly there for instructions as you normally do.
- Our students at C.A. Johnson High School have started our eLearning program. To get started, students need to log on to their district laptop.
- If you unable to remember how to access your email, please refer to the Home Access/Library Media Center link on this page.
- Next, click on the eLearning tab or link. From there, students will be able to click on subjects and teacher folders that include assignments for students to complete.
- Teachers will be available from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. remotely to answer e-mails and provide support to help you.
- Our teachers will provide feedback on eLearning assignments that have been completed and returned to the students via email or via other electronic learning platform.
- Teachers' email address are located in the Faculty and Staff section on our website.
- If you need additional assistance, please let your teachers know.
Thank you for all you do! We are all in this together.