Richland County School District One offers FREE, full-day prekindergarten programs for three- and four- year old children. The programs are voluntary and space is limited. The programs provide developmentally-appropriate teaching and learning opportunities for:
- Social, emotional, and academic awareness and growth;
- Play, collaboration, and exploration;
- Cognitive, physical, and emotional development using a viable curriculum; and
- Certified and passionate educators who are dedicated to their craft and overseeing
the success of young children.
- A child must be three years of age by September 1 of the year they would start school.
- The program is offered only at Gadsden, Bradley, Hopkins, Hyatt Park, Lewis-Greenview, Webber, and Sandel Elementaries (New for the 2022-2023 School Year)
- Open to Richland One Zoned families. Each school will serve Richland One students from surrounding areas in the district.
- A child must be four years of age by September 1 of the year they would start school.
- The program is offered through your child’s zoned school (see school list for details).
Rhonda Wiley, Director
Dr. Kimberly Johnson, Coordinator