Early Education builds the critical foundation for future learning!
Effective and high-quality education begins with effective and high quality Early Childhood programs. In Richland One, we believe that Early Childhood programs must prepare our youngest learners to be school ready by providing them with a variety of real-world learning experiences, participation in varied social interaction opportunities, and exposure to rich literacy activities. We meet all students where they are and work to advance them to the same levels as their grade level peers. Adopting developmentally appropriate practices, our teachers commit to having high expectations; “learning” from their students, setting realistic goals, culturally responsive teaching, and using research-based strategies and approaches. Our belief is that all students can and will learn when provided with quality teaching that meet their unique needs; a comprehensive program that provides a strong foundation; and the world class skills, knowledge, and life and career characteristics that prepare them for the next levels of learning.
The Department of Early Childhood Education supports Grades Pre-Kindergarten through 2 in all elementary schools in the following areas:
- District and school-based professional development
- Early childhood assessments and data analysis
- Early childhood curriculum to include the selection of aligned resources and materials that support instruction
- Appropriate classroom environment
- Cross-curricular integration
- New and emerging technologies and so much more!