The AC Moore Elementary School Creative Arts Alliance (CAA) guides the implementation of the Creative Arts Education Strategic Plan while advocating for the arts and supporting the mission, "We're 'Moore' arts smart at AC Moore Elementary School!"
The CAA is a committee of 15-20 members who represent the diversity of the school population consisting of parents, teachers (including all art teachers), administration, and community partners who are all enthusiastic supporters of the arts at AC Moore.
We believe an arts education:
- provides significant opportunities for a quality education
- nurtures creativity
- unites school and community
- builds confidence and develops pride
- celebrates diversity
AC Moore Elementary School recently received two arts grant awards:
- Arts in Basic Curriculum (ABC) Grant: $10,880
- Distinguished Arts Program (DAP) Grant: $18,000
- African Drums
- Artists-in-Residence for each grade level
- Professional Development for teachers