These reminders are taken from the letter sent home to parents on October 1, 2020.
· Arrive at 8:00 am – Breakfast will not be served
· Phones may not be on a student during the test – Leave them at home
· Students must always wear an approved mask that comfortably covers their nose and mouth
· What to bring: Two (2) #2 pencils, a sweater/jacket, water bottle, and a non-school email so that the College Board may send communications to you regarding the results of your test (new information).
· Only epi pens and inhalers will be allowed. These must be kept under the desk in a clear bag.
· Students will be granted time to make up any assignments they miss during the PSAT.
· See the schedule and drop off/pick up information below:
PSAT Drop Off and Pick Up
7th grade students will be dropped off and picked up in the large gym parking lot. Students will enter and exit through the auditorium/gym doors.
8th grade students will be dropped off and picked up on the service road at the back of the 8th grade hallway. Enter the service road from the large parking lot. Follow the curve around, carefully pass by the parents dropping of 7th graders, and take a right onto the service road by the big tree. Exit the service road via Clemson Avenue between the 7th grade hallway and Carriage Hill Apartments.
The PSAT is a timed test. The times will be determined by the exact start time of the Reading portion of the test; therefore, students may be 5-10 minutes earlier or later than the suggested times.
8:00 – Arrival
8:30 – Pre-Administration and Document Coding
9:00 – Reading Section (60 minutes)
10:00 – 5 minute break – Break times are determined by the College Board
10:05 – Writing and Language Section (35 minutes)
10:40 – Math No Calculator Section (25 minutes)
11:05 – 5 minute break – Break times are determined by the College Board
11:10 – Math with Calculator Section (45 minutes)
11:55 – Collection of Materials