Richland One’s outstanding magnet programs offer unique learning experiences for students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. Richland One’s diverse magnet programs include Montessori Programs, Career Magnets, Language Immersion Program, Medical Magnet Academy, Health Sciences Magnet, Richland One Middle College and the Virtual School Program.
Richland One students are assigned to schools according to where they live. They may apply to a magnet program within the district through the choice program. All students who live in Richland One’s attendance zone are eligible for admission to our magnet programs, unless the program is designated as one that is zoned for certain attendance areas.
Admission is based on successful completion of the application process, which may include attending an information session, meeting qualifying criteria and completing an application. Upon acceptance, students must transfer to the school chosen. Transportation is provided for the district career and language immersion magnet programs, the Montessori elementary zoned programs and the Montessori middle school program. For all other choice programs, students must provide their own transportation.d One will implement a new district-wide online application for admission into our magnet programs. A computerized random selection process (lottery) is used when there are more students and families interested in a particular magnet program than there are slots available. Families will be notified in February 2022 if they are selected for their magnet program of choice.
For questions regarding a specific magnet program, go to the respective program's webpage to find the coordinator's contact information.
For general questions (ie. application portal), contact Dr. Erica Fields at 803-231-6799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Magnet Program Dates to Remember
Round Two Application Period: (For programs with remaining slots)
- Opens: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
- Closes: Friday, April 29, 2022
- Programs Accepting Applications:
- Career Awareness Magnet Program at Bradley Elementary
- Language Immersion Program at Carver-Lyon Elementary
- Montessori Program at Logan Elementary
- Virtual School Program (K-5)
- Career Exploration Magnet Program at W.G. Sanders Middle School
- Medical Magnet Academy at W.A. Perry Middle School
- Montessori Middle Level Program at W.G. Sanders Middle School
- High School
- Career Preparation Magnet Program at W.J. Keenan High School
- Health Sciences Magnet at C.A. Johnson High School
- Richland One Middle College
- Virtual School Program (Grade 6-12)
- Programs Not Accepting Applications:
- Montessori Programs at Brockman and Caughman Road Elementary
Click the icons below to learn about your program(s) of interest.
Middle School Level
High School Level