2020-2021 Prekindergarten Registration
Pre-K registration is still open for the 2020-2021 school year. Availability varies by school, so contact your child's zoned school or the Office of School Readiness for more information.
NOTE: Unless you are the parent listed on the birth certificate or have educational rights, you CANNOT register a child or complete the application process. To get educational rights, contact the Registrar’s office at (803) 231-6944 – 1310 Lyon St. Columbia, SC
To register your child:
- Complete the online New Student Registration
- Take the following documents to your child's zoned school
- Long Form Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record (on SC DHEC Form)
- Proof of Income (A Medicaid Card or most recent pay stub)
- Proof of Residence (Mortgage or Lease AND a utility bill)
- Shared Housing Documentation if applicable
- Complete the Parent Paperwork Packet (can be filled out at the school)
The Office of School Readiness will review your documents and send an acceptance letter via email when your child is cleared for Pre-K. Once you receive an acceptance letter, contact your zoned school for placement information.
Office of School Readiness & Prekindergarten Programs (OSRPP)
2638 Two Notch Rd. Ste. 106
Columbia, SC 29204