Pre-K Registration Paperwork Preparation Page
NOTE: The following information is what you need to know during the COVID-19 period.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS LOCATION CHANGES WILL BE IN EFFECT STARTING JULY 22.
ALL documentation and paperwork is to be submitted prior to placement.
Important family/child information is a necessary part of registration. There are two options available for submitting required paperwork.
Option 1: (Preferred Option)
Scan and Email one document with copies of the required documents to your ZONED SCHOOL.
PLEASE MAKE YOU SUBMIT ALL COPIES THAT ARE COMPLETED or the process could be delayed.
Specifications of the Email:
- Only one document should be sent as an attachment to an email. The one document should have separate scanned documents saved to separate pages. For example: Page 1-Birth certificate, Page 2-Proof of Income, Page 3-Immunization, etc.
- Please save this one document and name it using the following: "childslastnamefirstnameschoolnamePREKDOCUMENTS"
- In the subject line of the email please type in: "childslastnamefirstnameschoolnamePREKDOCS"
- Please email to your school's Database Specialist (A list of Database Specialists is located on our website's menu bar to the left)
Beginning on JULY 22 you may drop off clear and legible copies of required documents to your child's ZONED SCHOOL. The Office of School Readiness and Prekindergarten Programs will be accepting only previously requested documents. ALL NEW FAMILIES WHO HAVE NOT SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS WILL NEED TO SCAN OR DROP-OFF AT THE ZONED SCHOOL.
9:00 A.M. until 3:30 P.M.
2638 Two Notch Road, Suite 106
Columbia, South Carolina 29204
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PREKINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
- Long Form Birth Certificate (on SC DHEC Form)
- Current Immunization Record
- Proof of Income (A Medicaid Card or most recent pay stub)
- Proof of Residence (Mortgage or Lease Statement AND a utility bill)
- Shared Housing Documentation if applicable
(PLEASE CONTACT THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE FOR QUESTIONS/INFORMATION)
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PREKINDERGARTEN
(MUST HAVE THIS PACKET TO VERIFY INFORMATION ASAP)
The Parent Paperwork Packets are available to upload, print, and complete to submit.
Once all documents have been submitted and confirmed for completion, your child's name will be added to the list
for the next steps of the process, so the sooner you submit all required documentation, the better!
The Office of School Readiness and Prekindergarten Programs
2638 Two Notch Road, Suite 106
Columbia, SC 29204
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for Drop-Off Site:
- ONLY 1 designee may enter the building at one time to drop-off copies of documents.
- Masks and gloves will be required to be worn inside the building. The OSRPP will provide upon entrance.
- Restrooms will not be accessible in the buildings.
- After each designee has left the building, items used will be disposed of and areas will be disinfected. Please allow us time to complete this to ensure that all safety measures have been completed.
- If waiting outside, please keep at least 6 feet apart from the next person as requested for social distancing guidelines.