Annie Burnside Elementary School-Parent Compact 2022-23
Annie Burnside’s Parent Compact
Burnside Elementary Schools faculty and staff have developed the compact to outline how all stakeholders will share the responsibility and develop partnerships for improved student academic achievement.
Burnside Elementary School staff will:
· Provide high quality instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment.
· Conduct yearly Parent-Teacher Conferences face to face and virtually.
· Provide parents access to the school and staff.
· Share school-wide Title I plan.
· Communicate with families about their children’s progress and provide resources to assist with their child’s learning at home.
As a parent I will support my child’s learning in the following ways:
· Ensure that my child attends school regularly, is on time, and is prepared for academic success.
· Read with and/or encourage my child to read independently.
· Provide a quiet place for my child to study and read.
· Expect my child to behave responsibly and treat people with respect.
·Attending Parent-Teacher Conferences to stay informed of my child’s progress.
As a student of Burnside Elementary School, I will:
· Come to school ready to learn
· Use the learner dispositions of resilience, growth mindset and perseverance to become a successful student.
· Do my homework every day and ask for help when needed.
· Read at least 20 minutes every day.
· Behave responsibly and treat people with respect.
If you have any suggestions regarding this compact, please complete this form.