What is Richland One Middle College?
The Richland One Middle College (ROMC) at Midlands Technical College (MTC) is an award-winning school of choice that offers juniors and seniors the opportunity to attend high school on a college campus. The school is designed to provide students a high-tech education in a small learning environment. Through innovative approaches, such as FREE college credit opportunities, mentorships, and the use of a one-to-one electronic device, students can successfully complete high school, prepare for college and a professional career after attending ROMC.
What is the major goal of ROMC?
The primary goal of ROMC is to provide students with a seamless transition from high school to post-secondary pursuits: two-year community or technical college, four-year college or university, military or workforce.
What type of instructional program will be offered?
- Courses required for a South Carolina high school diploma
- Academic and Career Excellence (ACE) honors program
- Dual enrollment for an early start on college curriculum
- Project based learning
- Grade level research projects
- Technology driven environment
- Service Learning in community involvement
- 21st Century Skills training
- Special career exploration opportunities, leadership development and character education
Where is ROMC located and what are the hours?
ROMC is located at Midlands Technical College on the Beltline Campus. The main office is in Richland Hall, Room 131. The office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Classes are scheduled from 9:30am to 4:00pm.
How do I apply and what is the application deadline?
How many students can enroll at ROMC?
ROMC has a maximum capacity of 150 students.
What happens if more students apply than the school can accommodate?
A lottery process will be implemented and a waiting list created.
How much does it cost?
Richland One Middle College is a public charter high school. There is no tuition cost. However, standard school fees do apply.
What are some points of interest about ROMC?
- First middle college in South Carolina
- Only high school of choice in Richland School District One
- Free college credits and textbooks for those who qualify
- Small class sizes - 16:1 average student-teacher ratio
- Flexible school hours
- Career exploration opportunities
- Student-centered environment & interactive activities