School Application Process
Brockman Elementary is proud to be a Richland One Magnet Program. Brockman serves students in the Satchel Ford, Brennan and Bradley attendance areas who want to experience a Montessori education. Transportation is provided for students attending Brockman Elementary School.
Admission is based on successful completion of the application process, which includes attending an information session. The dates and locations of these information sessions are listed below. Please indicate your intent to attend by clicking the link at the bottom of this page. Applicants must also meet qualifying criteria and complete an application.
A computerized random selection process (lottery) is used when there are more students and families interested in the Montessori program than there are slots available. Families will be notified in February 2020 if they are selected for the Montessori program of choice.
Key Dates for Magnet Programs
- Magnet Fair: November 19, 2019
- Round One applications open: December 1, 2019
- Round One applications close: January 31, 2020
- Round One lottery and acceptance notification: February 2020
Parent Information Sessions - all applicants must attend one session
- December 3- Olympia Learning Center Auditorium, 12:00 p.m.
- December 5- W.G. Sanders Middle School Montessori Community Room, 5:30 p.m.
- December 9- Olympia Learning Center Auditorium, 8:30 a.m.
- December 11 – Lower Richland High School Library, 5:30 p.m.
- January 11 – W.G. Sanders Middle School Auditorium, 9:00 a.m.
- January 29 - W.G. Sanders Middle School Auditorium, 5:30 p.m.
Sign up for the session that you plan to attend at this link: