Library Policies and ProceduresAdmittance
During class time students need a library pass in order to visit the library.
There is a limit of 2 students on passes per teacher unless other arrangements have been made with the librarian and teacher.
Students are expected show respect to all people and property within the library.
Students are expected to speak in a manner that is appropriate in the library.
Students are expected to help keep the library organized and neat.
Students will not bring food or drinks into the library.
Borrowing Books (Check-Out)
- Students may check out up to two books at a time. (Remember, you can use your school ID to checkout books at Richland County Public Library and their ebooks online.)
- Students must have their student ID card to check out any book.
- Students must return all books within two weeks from date the book was checked out.
- If a book is needed for a longer check-out period, students may renew a book one time for another two-week period.
- If a book is kept past the initial two-week checkout period it is overdue.
- A student with an overdue book will not be allowed to check out any more books until the book is returned.
- When a student loses a book he/she will be charged the cost of replacing the book.
- When a student destroys or damages a book he/she must pay a fine. This fine will be equal to the cost of the book.
- A student will not be allowed to check out any books until he/she pays the fine for a lost or damaged book or makes arrangements with the librarian.
Library computers are for schoolwork only.
Students must sign in before use.
To use the computers in the library students must have:
- AUP agreement form signed and on file
- ID card
Students must get approval before printing.MakersSpace
Teachers may send two students at a time to the library to use the MakersSpace area. They will be able to choose from various activities. Activities will change on a monthly basis. Students may stay 30 minutes at a time and individual students may visit no more than once a day.
If you are having laptop issues, you may bring your device to the library for Mrs. Enlow to assess. If it is a quick fix and she is available, your laptop will be fixed. If she is not available or the laptop needs to be sent to EBryit for repair and you will be given a working laptop.
Students should not come after 3:30.
Library HoursLibrary Hours
8:00AM to 4:00 PM