Secondary Essential Literacy Practices:
- Conduct ongoing observation and assessment of students’ literacy development to inform instruction.
- Develop vocabulary, academic language and content knowledge.
- Provide optimal and opportunities for authentic Reading and Writing across all content areas.
- Ensure accessibility to high quality text, for example digital, at various levels, disciplines and interest.
- Create opportunities for collaborative interactions to generate and explore ideas.
- Research and align literacy instruction to standards.
- Promote literacy through collaboration with families and communities.
- Implement research and evidence-based practice to foster literacy motivation and engagement within and across curriculum.
- Assess students’ needs in specific areas of literacy to inform whole class, small group and individual instruction using a variety of strategies.
- Participate in professional learning opportunities within and outside of school.
College and Career Readiness Resources:
(external sites may not be accessible on district network or devices)
Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/)
Advanced Placement: (https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/preparing-for-exams)
College Board (https://www.collegeboard.org/)
STEM Premier (https://www.stempremier.com/)