Additional SCDE Instructional Resources
- Alignment Guides for the 2019 South Carolina Social Studies College- and Career-Ready Standards
- Profile of SC Graduate
- Computer Science and Digital Literacy Standards
- SC African American Calendar
Educator Professional Literature
Social Studies and the Young Learner - The goal of Social Studies and the Young Learner is to capture and enthuse elementary teachers across the country by providing relevant and useful information about the teaching of social studies to elementary students. The teaching techniques presented in this peer-reviewed journal are designed to stimulate the reading, writing, and critical thinking skills vital to classroom success.
Social Education - The award-winning resources include techniques for using materials in the classroom, information on the latest instructional technology, reviews of educational media, research on significant social studies-related topics, and lesson plans that can be applied to various disciplines.
Suggested Instructional Resources
- Discovery Education K – 5 Teacher Resources
- Library of Congress
- National Archives
- Voices of Democracy
- National Geographic for Kids
- Time for Kids
Social Studies Textbook Resources
Username and password are needed to access the online resources.
- Grade 3 – World Geography
- Grade 4 – United States & South Carolina Studies, Part I
United States Early Years
- Grade 5 – United States & South Carolina Studies, Part II
United States Modern Times
Virtual Field Trips