Showcase for Creative Excellence
Showcase for Creative Excellence (SCE) allows students to experience the creative process as they explore 21st century skills through the development of a digital product. These skills include the ability to inquire, think critically, gain knowledge, draw conclusions, make connections, apply knowledge to new situations, create new knowledge, share and participate ethically in our democratic society, and pursue personal and growth.
Showcase Rules and Information
1. All entries must be related to an instructional activity or standard. The assigning teacher should ensure that the objective of the related lesson is clearly stated in a complete sentence or phrase on the application. Entries without a clearly stated objective will be disqualified.
2. Each entry will be judged in one of the following divisions:
Early Childhood (PreK-2), Primary (3-5), Middle (6-8) or High (9-12)
3. Entries must be produced by students only from the idea to the finished product. Teachers may offer instruction and supervision, but the actual work must be done by students.
4. An applicant is eligible to receive no more than one award in each category or division.
5. The top two entries from each school will advance to the District Level Program.
- Must be able to be submitted electronically for the District Showcase
- have been produced during the current academic year.
- have the title, entrant or group’s name and the school’s name clearly provided.
- have the curricular alignment completed and all other requirements checked.
- show credit for copyrighted material.
6. Consideration will be given to the following in judging all entries:
- compliance with the rules and regulations
- suitability of title
- instructional value and relationship or appropriateness to the instructional objective
- imagination, creativity and originality
- technical quality: exposure
- technical quality: workmanship
7. All entries and applications must be submitted to the designated person at each school by the date set by the school. The school committee will be responsible for electronically submitting the top two entries to the District Level.
8. The assigning teacher should carefully review all applications before signing them. The teacher’s signature on an application will verify that all information submitted is accurate. Please provide a scanned copy of this with the entries that are submitted to the District Level.
9. The Office of Learning Environments and Instructional Resources and appointed judges reserve the right to eliminate entries that, for any reason, misrepresent the rules or are deemed not suitable. All decisions are final.
10. Each entry will receive a Certificate of Participation. The top two entries per school will receive a School Level ribbon. Schools will be responsible for recognizing entries at the school level. District level entries will be showcased on the district web page. District Level winners will be showcased on R1TV.