"The Early Bird Catches the Worm"
TOP 10 THINGS EVERY PREKINDERGARTEN PARENT NEEDS TO KNOW
1. Your child must be 4 on or before September 1, 2019
2. Families must reside in Richland County School District One attendance area.
3. Parents must attend a Prekindergarten Parent Information Session.
4. All required documents must be submitted to your zoned school BEFORE scheduling a DIAL-4 Screening appointment.
The following documents are necessary:
-Long Form Birth CertificateCurrent Immunization Certificate (on DHEC form)
-Two proofs of Residence (a lease or mortgage statement AND a utility bill)
-Shared Housing Paperwork (ONLY if parent/guardian’s name is not listed on both proofs of Residence)
-Proof of income (Pay stubs or Medicaid card)
5. Screening appointments are made with the Office of School Readiness and Pre K Programs.
6. Please call 803-799-9494 to schedule.
7. All children must attend and complete a DIAL-4 screening.
8. Parents must register their child online through InfoSnap at www.richlandone.org
9. Online registration begins March 1, 2019.
10. Early registration ends April 30, 2019.