Construction Oversight Plan
This plan describes the manner in which Richland County School District One will handle construction projects. It is the intent of the district to use program/construction management to oversee the projects on a day-to-day basis. The program/construction manager's payment will be based on performance.
With respect to the arrangement of the organization, the PM/CM would report directly to the owner. The architect and contractor would report directly to the owner via the contracts that have been established. However, the PM/CM would coordinate the activities of all of the consultants and contractors.
It is important to note that the project manager's primary responsibility is analyzing project-delivery alternatives, establishing project-delivery strategies, communicating them to the people who provide design and construction services, and managing them through to their completion. Therefore, certain activities will be expected during the process.
PRE-DESIGN ACTIVITIES OUTLINE
- Define specific Needs
- Package projects for Board Approval
- Develop Schedules to complete design
DESIGN ACTIVITIES OUTLINE
- Establish Schedule and other important parameters.
- Obtain surveys and other requirements.
- Record meeting minutes
- Provide estimates
- Review all design documents in the various phases.
BID PHASE ACTIVITIES OUTLINE
- Verify documents ready to bid. (OSF and other agencies have approved documents)
- Have architect to package documents and provide invitation to bid.
- Call contractors to solicit bids.
- Set and conduct Pre-Bid Construction meetings.
- Coordinate all activities with Procurement Officer.
CONSTRUCTION PHASE ACTIVITIES OUTLINE
- Review all day-to-day activities on site
- Record all Daily, Weekly, & Monthly Reports and Minutes
- Coordinate activities with owner, architect, and contractor
- Update owner on schedule and issues regarding deviations from project/construction plans