The Office of Learning Environments and Instructional Resources (LEIR) serves in a variety of capacities to provide support to schools and departments within the district. The goals and responsibilities of LEIR include:
1) assisting and advising school administrators and teachers in the redesign of stimulating learning spaces and organic spatial arrangements to better utilize technology and promote collaboration inside and outside of school buildings to support learning;
2) supporting school librarians district-wide in the redesign of library media centers as spaces for collaboration, innovation, production and learning
3) supporting the development, implementation and management of Richland School District One’s Virtual Program for grades K-12;
4) facilitating district-level vetting of instructional resources that support teaching and learning.
5) assisting with the management of the DRAPE process for digital resources and hardware.
6) facilitating the textbook adoption process for all content areas.
7) managing the application portal and processes for Richland One Choice/Magnet programs.
8) managing the oversight of the implementation of SCDE supported resources such as Safari Montage, the SCDE's Instruction Hub; and Schoology, the district's Learning Management System (LMS).
You are encouraged to follow the Dr. Fields and the LEIR Staff on Twitter (@EricaFieldsR1) as she highlights stimulating and collaborative learning spaces in our district, locally and globally. (#Learning EnvironmentsR1) If your school has classrooms or media centers that are redesigned to serve as exemplars for collaborative/flexible learning, please send photos to Dr. Fields or Travis Nelson via email.