Professional Learning Management System (truenorthlogic)
The district’s Professional Learning Management System (PLMS) is currently truenorthlogic (TNL). The PLMS allows educators to search, view, and sign up for tailored professional learning from an easy-to-use personalized Course Catalog screen.
Users can access the professional learning management system (truenorthlogic) by using the same network/computer User Name (first.last) and Password.
The district’s PLMS has a Mobile App that provides instructors and participants access to course details and electronic sign. The app is available for Android in Google Play and for iOS users in the App Store. Please enter the code (8m3RMS) and login using your district username and password to use the application on your phone.
If you are having difficulty logging in, please contact Jacquetta Morrison at email@example.com.
The number one reason a person is unable to access their PLMS (truenorthlogic) account is that they have failed to reset their district network password. It is important for users to know that their PLMS (truenorthlogic) log in is tied to their district network login. We suggest the following troubleshooting steps prior to contacting the Office of Instructional Services:
- Reset your district network password
- Press Ctrl, Atl, and Delete
- Select Change a Password
- Change your password
- Within the next 24 hours, you should be able to login to truenorthlogic.
- If you are still unable to access truenorthlogic, call the help desk for assistance in reseting your district network password (803-231-7436).
External Credit Requests:
It is the responsibility of the educator to maintain documentation for professional leaning completed outside of the district. We will be phasing out the use of the External Credit Request option in the system.
There are many times that staff may attend professional learning opportunities that have been provided by other external organizations (SCDE, virtual webinars, conferences, etc.) For these professional learning opportunities to be added to your truenorthlogic transcript, you must submit an external credit request trough truenorthlogic. Please note that it is the responsinbility of each educator to maintain copies of documentaion for professional learning that they have attended. The external PD request feature is not required and is a service provided. Please click on the document below for the specific directions to submit an External Credit Request in truenorthlogic.
External PD Requests will be denied if:
- all items on the page are not completed correctly.
- the description is only one sentence. One sentence is not enough for a summary of information learned.
- the documentation uploaded does not provide the number of renewal hours earned. We must have documentation that clearly indicates the number of hours earned. You may use the External Webinar/Module Documentation From (https://www.richlandone.org/cms/lib/SC02209149/Centricity/domain/131/2018-2019/External%20Webinar_Module%20Documentation%20Form.pdf) and upload this completed form as your evidence if the system you are using does not provide a certificate which indicates the number of renewal hours.
- for Microsoft sessions we cannot accept screenshots as documentation. Transcripts or certificates must be uploaded. Click here for direction for accessing the transcript in the online education community https://www.richlandone.org/cms/lib/SC02209149/Centricity/Domain/131/Microsoft%20Education%20Community%20Transcript.pdf
- multiple courses are entered on one external PD request form.
How to upoad External Credit Request.
Richland One Guidance Document (PLEASE SEE THE UPDATE REGARDING ATTENDANCE ON PAGE 26)
Conduct an Observation (You must log in after clicking on the link.)
Participate in an Observation (You must log in after clicking on the link.)
Videos and Step by Step Guides for Observer (You must log in after clicking on the link.)
Videos and Step by Step Guides for Observee (You must log in after clicking on the link.)
- Reset your district network password