Welcome to College Application Day at Dreher (CEEB Code 410520)
October 16, 2019
Before you begin:
1. Check out the College Application page on our website: Applying to College. There are links to the various ways to apply to college (Common App, Black College Common App, Coalition App) as well as information about college application fee waivers.
2. Take a look at the page "Do You Have the Scores?" to see how likely it is that you may be admitted to specific South Carolina colleges and universities. Be sure to have your SAT and/or ACT scores sent to the colleges to which you apply.
3. Paying for college is always an issue. We maintain a listing with links to many scholarships popular with Dreher students.
Now that you are ready, start applying:
1. Visit College App Month
Click on the Scholar Page. This link takes you to a listing of public and private institutions in South Carolina with links to their websites. If a school is marked with an asterisk, you can create a single username and password when you apply to more than one institution. Just click on the school where you’d like to apply first to get started.
Note: "New This Year: Students looking to apply to USC and Clemson may also apply through the Coalition for Access, Affordability and Success application. This would allow a student to apply to both institutions more quickly. Access the application through www.mycoalition.org."
2. Be sure to save your Username, Password, and email address. You will need them to complete the process and to follow up on your application.
3. Take the Student Survey when you have finished your applications today. Turn in Dreher's I Can Go Form to your group leader before you leave the lab today.
After you have finished, we have more for you to do:
1. Today we have speakers who will present information about military careers, certificate programs at Midlands Tech, South Carolina Works Job Search, and smart financial habits and practices by Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union.
2. You should visit Naviance to update your resume, search for scholarships, and complete the Senior Survey.
3. Have you registered to vote? To register to vote in South Carolina you must turn 18 years old on or before election day.