Health Sciences Magnet Program
Welcome to C.A. Johnson Health Sciences Magnet.
It is where "Health Education, Exposure, & Extended Learning Opportunities" Meet. It is "Where Success is Prescribed."
Upcoming HSM event for 2019 are:
- January 29: Health Sciences School Board Meeting
- February 1: Winthrop University Field Trip
- February 5: Middle School Health Science Career Fair
- February 20: Job shadowing at Palmetto Richland. HSM seniors and sophomores will participate.
- February 27: W.A. Perry Middle 8.5 Recruitment
- March 6-8: HOSA State Leadership Conference at North Charleston, S.C.
Health Sciences Five Pathways
C.A. Johnson High School Health Science Awareness Day 2019
C.A. Johnson H.S., in collaboration with USC School of Medicine, hosted its 2019 Health Science Awareness Day. The goals of the event were to expose students to healthcare as a potential career, to teach foundations of a healthy lifestyle as well as basic but practical medical skills, and for students to have a better understanding of chronic and acute health issues. This event targets the Senior Class and will be an annual event. Please see photos below.
2019 Middle School Health Science Magnet Open House Recruitment Fair
HSM 2018 Installation
C.A. Johnson Health Sciences Newsletter
National Technical Honor Society
C. A. Johnson High School inducted a special group of eleventh and twelfth grade students in their Careers and Technology Education program into the National Technical Honor Society. These students have maintained exemplary success in the areas of academics, community service, and extended learning (internships, job shadowing, and clinical rotations). We celebrate our high achieving students who have exceled in their educational and career endeavors.
Mrs. Kezia Valabhapuram, Department Chair