The author tells a touching and important story of what it is to be an undocumented immigrant, about the struggles, the fear of living in hiding and a double life.
See what we have in our collection!
COVID-19 Library Hours
I will have library office hours from 10-2. Please email me for book recommendations (how to access eBooks or Audiobooks) or any questions. Please check the eLearning Page tab for more information.
The Information Technology (IT) Department will provide technical support to all staff, students, and parents of Richland School District 1 on eLearning Days. The IT Support Team can be reached by calling 803-231-7436. This number will be active Monday through Friday from the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ms. Schwallier - Librarian, MLIS
Ms. Schwallier received her Masters in Library Science from the University of South Carolina. Her favorite children's book is Matilda and her hobbies include traveling and photography. Her quote this year is, "If you don't like to read, you haven't found the right book." This year she hopes to help all students at Sanders Middle School discover the love of reading and find what it is they like to read.
Ms. Loyd - Library Assistant
- The library is open 8:15 am - 4:15 pm daily.
- The library will closed for testing or other events as needed.
- Students must have their IDs and a pass to come to the library.
- Late fines are not imposed; however students must pay to replace lost or damaged books.
- Students may be sent to the library to use resources/check out books individually or in small groups with a pass.
- Submit SchoolDude tickets for any computer hardware needs.
LAPTOP ISSUES & LOANERS PROCEDURES
The following “schedule” and guidelines will ensure students have a working laptop during the school day and instructional time is not interrupted.
8:30 – 8:45 AM
- Students will go to their 7th period class to pick up their laptop for the school day.
- Before leaving for their 1st period classes, all students must turn on their laptops.
8:30 – 9:30 AM
- If there are any issues with the laptops after they are turned on during the 8:30 – 8:45 pick up time, a repair ticket will be filled out and they will be sent to the library to receive a loaner. Once the loaner is received students will be sent to their first period class.
- At the end of the day, during 7th period, students must completely shut down the computer. This does not mean shutting the lid - that only puts the computer to sleep. Once computers are completely shut down they must be plugged into the cart to charge.
Lessons and Collaboration
- Plan collaborative lessons that can be taught in the library.
- Please request materials or books one week in advance.
- Lessons on Research, Plagiarism, Copyright, Book Talks, and more!
- Lessons using SC Discus, Primary Sources and other trust worthy sites.
- Make a reservation through the Bookings calendar. You can find the link at the bottom of all my emails, or Here
- Please email me after Booking has been made to confirm. email@example.com
- For all lessons and collaboration please provide at least five (school) days’ notice.
- Please provide details for assignment(s), project or lesson when scheduling.
Literature and Reading
- Curated book carts or lists around a particular theme, unit or topic.
- Book suggestions/requests for purchase from students and faculty/staff.
- Schedule book checkout through Bookings. All classes/subjects welcome.
- Rotating displays and book suggestions.