Complaint Procedures for Title II Part A
Grounds for a Complaint
Any individual, organization or agency may file a complaint with the Richland County School District One , if that individual, organization or agency believes and alleges that the RCSD1 is violating a Federal Statute or regulation that applies to a program under the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA). The complaint must allege a violation that occurred not more than one (1) year prior to the date that the complaint is received, unless a longer period is reasonable due to an ongoing violation.
Filling a Complaint
Complaints and grievances shall be handled and resolved as close to their origin as possible and through the proper channels using the following procedures:
A complaint must be made in writing and signed by the compliant. The complaint must include the following:
- A statement that the RCSD1 has violated a requirement of a Federal stature or regulation that applies to an applicable pro-gram;
- A date on which the violation occurred;
- The facts on which the statement is based and the specific requirement allegedly violated;
- A list of the names and telephone numbers of individuals who can provide additional information;
- Whether a compliant has been filed with any other government agency, and if so, which agency;
- Copies of all applicable documents supporting the complainant’s position; and the address of the complainant.
The complaint must be addressed to:
Dr. Kuterah L. Singletary
Coordinator Instructional Services and Title II Contact
1225 Oak Street
Columbia, SC 29204
Investigation of the Complaint
- Any complaints of grievances shall be forwarded to the appropriate staff member. The appropriate staff member or his or her designee will issue a Letter of Acknowledgement to the complainant that contains the following information:
- The date the complaint was received;
- How the compliant may provide additional information;
- A statement of the ways in which the appropriate staff member may investigate or address the complaint; and
- Any other pertinent information
- The decision of the system staff may be appealed to the Superintendent in writing.
- The decision of the Superintendent may be appealed to the RCSD1 Board of Commissioners in writing.
- All decisions and appeals shall be submitted in writing.
- Complaint will be tracked by the appropriate staff member by maintain documentation of all written complaints and other supporting information.
- Reports will be maintained with letters of complaint and final resolutions.
If the complainant is dissatisfied with the decision of the Board of Commissioners, an appeal may be filed with:
Director of Federal and State Accountability
South Carolina Department of Education
1429 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201