From the Principal
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
I want to officially welcome all of you to the 2020-2021 school year! While it will be different, I am excited to have students back to instill excitement and enthusiasm for learning. It is still our mission to help every child become inspired, engaged, and be a part of the Arden family.
We are here to serve all students in our learning community. We have a highly qualified faculty to serve the academic needs of our students and a support staff who is here to help provide a safe and caring environment for each individual. We are looking forward to a fantastic school year with all of our students.
Our curriculum is data driven and focuses on student achievement. As we begin the year in a virtual format, we continue to have high expectations for each student. We expect students to participate and attend school regularly, put forth effort in each classroom, and respect the rights of each individual during our virtual, hybrid or face-to-face instructional time. Additionally, we believe that all of our students should develop the mindset of “one community….growing and learning together!”
We want this school year to be an exciting and rewarding year for all of our students. More importantly, we want all of our students to experience academic success. For this to happen, communication is key! If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to check our school website, follow us on Twitter (@ardenbeagles), Facebook (@ardenelementarybeagles), Instagram (@ardeelembeagles), or simply reach out to your child’s teacher for any updates or events.
Arden Elementary School is a great place to learn! If I can be of further assistance, please contact me at 803-735-3400 or by email at email@example.com. I stand ready to assist you in any way that I can! I look forward to another great year and working with you and your child.
Dr. Timothy Blackwell
We are Arden Elementary School, a leader in transforming lives through education, empowering all students to achieve their potential and dreams.
AM and PM Procedures
- Instruction begins promptly at 7:30 A.M. Announcements will begin at this time.
- All car riders must enter in the back of the school, and parents are to stay in the car rider line.
- Please do no not park your car and let your children get out.
- For safety reasons and for a smooth flow of traffic, please stay in the car rider line, and let your child out in the designated area. We are asking all car riders to be dropped off in the car loop. Please do not drop students off on Holmes Street.
- At dismissal, please remain in your vehicles. For the 2020-2021 school year, car riders will be released at 2:30 pm.
- The staff member in the front office will call your child's number over the intercom. This is a new process and will take time.
- Student temperatures will be taken upon entering the building.
- Breakfast and lunch will be in the classroom until further notice.
- Students must enter the building with a mask.
- After 7:00 A.M., teachers are not permitted to hold conversations with parents. At 7:00 A.M. teachers are supervising their students and preparing to begin the school day.
- Schedule a conference with your child's teacher by calling and leaving a message, emailing the teacher, or by placing a note in your child's agenda or Homework Folder.
- All visitors must sign in with the office via the V-Soft system. Please be prepared to present your state-issued ID to the secretary.
- Walkers with siblings will enter the building through the cafeteria side door entrance. Parents can retrieve their child/children from the cafeteria at dismissal. Please use the side walk 6 ft markings. We ask that you do not block the cafeteria entrance, the front entrance door or sit on benches during dismissal.
- We strongly encourage parents not to park on Ashley Street or across the street and have students cross the street to get into cars. This is a safety concern for us.
Thank you for your cooperation as we keep our scholars safe during this time!
Character Word for Month of October: Cooperation
To play together or work well with others to accomplish a common goal