Montessori Middle Level Program
The mission of the Montessori Middle Level Program is to provide a complete academic environment for each student and to form a community of learners that nurtures the adolescent in a caring and social climate. We strive to be a community of adults and teenagers who respect each other’s deepest personal and human qualities. Our goal is to help students understand the connection between finding one’s place in society and purpose in the universe.
Our program is best known for its multi-grade learning communities, field studies, service learning projects, group initiatives, erdkinder (student managed farm-based experience), thematic work emphasis, seminars and relationship building.
Students, families and teachers sign contracts requiring a commitment to the Montessori values of learning, community involvement and respect for others.
Parent Registration Night
- January 28, 2021 from 6pm to 7pm (Alternate Date: February 3. 2021 at 11:00am)
- Rising 6th grade Teams link: Click here to join the meeting
- Parents and students meet with teachers and learn more about registering for the Montessori Middle Level Program at W.G. Sanders for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Rising 9th grade Teams link: Click here to join the meeting
- Parents and students meet with the District Registrar to discuss registering for high schools for the 2021-2022 school year.
Program Location: W.G. Sanders Middle School
Program Structure: School-within-a-school model
Eligibility Criteria: Three prior consecutive years of Montessori education program with Montessori certified teachers
Student Selection Method: Application
Enrollment Capacity: Open
Bus Transportation: Provided for all students
Contact: Andrenna Smith, principal, (803) 783-7575, firstname.lastname@example.org