Medical Magnet Academy
The Medical Magnet Academy introduces students to various careers in health sciences. The three-year program for middle school students emphasizes science, technology, engineering and math skills that will help them understand the fundamental principles of careers in health care and prepare them to be 21st century critical thinkers.
Courses offered include Career Exploration, Medical Careers II and Medical Detective. W.A. Perry is a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) school. The Medical Magnet Academy also offers pathways in aerospace, engineering, technology and the arts.
- Program Location: W.A. Perry Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Program Structure: School-within-a-school model
- Eligibility Criteria: Open to all Richland One students
- Selection Method: Application
- Enrollment Capacity: 20 slots per grade level
- Bus Transportation: Provided only for students zoned to W.A. Perry Middle School
- Contact: Lisa Payton Johnson, assistant principal, (803) 256-6347, firstname.lastname@example.org