The Information Technology (IT) Department will provide technical support to all staff, students, and parents of Richland County School District One on eLearning Days. The IT support team can be reached by calling 803.231.7436. This number will be active Monday-Friday from the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
From the Principal
Greetings Staff, Parents, and Community,
I am truly honored and excited to serve you and the community as Principal of Arden Elementary School for the 2019 – 2020 school term. As Principal, it is an expectation that we will maintain the focus on learning for both students and staff. I believe that working together, we can establish equity and excellence within our school. My desire and goal is that students, staff, parents and the community will continue to be partners in the learning process.
Arden Elementary has a strength of being collaborative and sharing a common goal for the benefit of all students. I truly believe in focusing on the positive and redirecting the negative. We will work to make sure all staff, parents, and students are treated with the utmost respect. This will reveal high expectations and a standard of excellence within our school on a daily basis.
As we move into the 2019 – 2020 school year, let’s embrace it with the Richland School District One direction of transforming lives through education while ensuring that they are productive citizens within our changing world. My doors are always open and you are always welcome. As a team, we will work to ensure that every child reaches a high level of success.
Again, I am grateful to be a part of this awesome staff, school and community. We will continue to be “One Community…..Growing and Learning Together!”
Let’s have an awesome year!
Dr. Timothy Blackwell, Principal
We are Arden Elementary School, a leader in transforming lives through education, empowering all students to achieve their potential and dreams.
AM and PM Procedures
- Breakfast is served from 7:00-7:20 A.M.
- Instruction begins promptly at 7:40 A.M. Announcements will begin at this time.
- All car riders must enter in the back of the school, and parents are to stay in the car rider line.
- Please do no not park your car and let your children get out.
- For safety reasons and for a smooth flow of traffic, please stay in the car rider line, and let your child out in the designated area.
- At dismissal, please remain in your vehicles. Car riders will be released first to begin the flow of traffic.
- The staff member on car duty will call your child's name via radio to the staff member in the building.
- Please keep in mind that Standish Street is now a one-way street. Violators will be ticketed.
- After 7:00 A.M., teachers are not permitted to hold conversations with parents. At 7:00 A.M. teachers are supervising their students and preparing to begin the school day.
- Schedule a conference with your child's teacher by calling and leaving a message, emailing the teacher, or by placing a note in your child's agenda or Homework Folder.
- All visitors must sign in with the office via the V-Soft system. Please be prepared to present your state-issued ID to the secretary.
- Walkers with siblings will report to the cafeteria. Parents can retrieve their child/children from the cafeteria.
- All walkers in 1st-3rd grades will be dismissed out of the front of the building. Parents are not to meet their child near the front entrance area. They can meet their child at the school sign near the crosswalk.
- All walkers in 4th and 5th grades will be released from the Holmes Street exit.
- We strongly encourage parents not to park on Ashley Street. Please park behind the SRO's vehicle on Holmes Avenue and walk to meet your child.
Thank you for your cooperation as we keep our scholars safe!
Character Word for Month of March: Kindness
To be considerate, courteous, helpful, & understanding of other's feelings and beliefs.