* August 22, 2017 First Day of School
A Message from the Principal
The 2015-2016 school year has been a whirlwind year for the Lewis Greenview Family. Our students have been involved in many learning activities and shown some great progress each nine weeks. Our boys and girls have been very active in community volunteer projects this year. Several of our students volunteered at shelters with their parents after the 1000 year flood. In May, students gathered paper products to support the Children’s Garden. Our students continue to share their good fortune with others in the community.
As we bring another successful year to a close, the teachers are actively planning for 2016-17. We are so very grateful to be safe and well. We all have a lot to be thankful for as we move into our first nine weeks of school. Our teachers are continuing with our plans of having an exciting school year filled with several events that will take our students to the next level of their educational journey.
Our staff is committed to working together, sharing ideas, and maintaining a school climate that is warm and inviting to all who enter our doors. This 2016-2017 school year, we will continue our focus on mathematics and science. We are working with the district to promote math and science in all areas to ensure that students become fluent in both of these content areas. I encourage you to join us in this endeavor by encouraging our students to practice math facts at home. Have students assist you with measuring items at home and assisting with the shopping list! In addition, we are continuing to encourage reading. Reading is very important to being successful in all content areas. If we expect our children to reach their maximum potential, we must work together, utilize all of our resources, and accept the challenge.
I look forward to seeing each of you throughout this school year. Please watch for flyers and/or other announcements for school happenings!
* Learning begins promptly at 7:30 a.m. sharply each day.
* Students eating breakfast must report to the cafeteria between 7:00a.m. to 7:20 a.m.
* Students are marked tardy after 7:30 a.m.
* Please do not sign students out after 1:03 p.m. for early dismissal.
* Students are expected to wear the school uniform Monday –Thursday each week. We do have a Student Dress Code for students not wearing the uniform. Please check the guidelines in your child’s Agenda Book.
* As always, thank you so much for your support and cooperation as we work together to educate all students in our care.
I pledge to improve this school year by doing the following:
* Parents Please take this survey to help us gather important information.
The survey will be open from May 1st through May 23 rd.